As more people move to the internet as a way to find love, more and more dating sites seem to sprout up. Many of them serve a specific genre that interests a large group of people. So when I found Redneck and Single, I couldn’t help but take a second look. It was the first time I’d ever heard of a dating site of it’s kind, and it definitely stands out in the crowd of everyday sites found on the web.

So when I got a hold of Fred for an interview, I couldn’t wait to ask him about his inspirations and motivations for such a website. I did eventually find out that he purchased the website from someone else, but he has since expanded it into the fun (and yes, it is free) dating site that it is today.

What inspired you to start Redneck and Single?

Actually, I bought the site from a gentleman who started it about 3 years ago. I saw it advertised for sale and thought it would be something fun and unique to own. Additionally, I grew up about as close to being a redneck as possible, so it is a culture to which I could relate.



What separates your dating site from so many others out there?

We appeal to a very defined and unique demographic. All of our members are unique to the site, not from a database that is shared across many different sites like a lot of others are. They are all real people and real rednecks.

When did you launch and approximately how many members do you have today?

The site was launched in 2005 and currently has over 18,000 profiles.

Any testimonials from members who have met ‘the one’ there? What are some of the success stories shared?

I have only had the site for a few months and most of my focus has been on marketing it, so I haven’t had time to elicit stories from the members, but it is something that is on my list of things to do.

What are some of your long term goals for your website?

I would like to see it become the premier destination for anyone who is looking for a partner or friends to share the redneck (or simple, country) lifestyle.

Is there a specific form of advertising you’ve found to be the most useful in getting the word out? Why do you think it has worked the best?

When I first got the site, I sent out press releases to just about every radio station and newspaper in the country. That got some good attention. I am trying to do some promotion, link trading, articles, directory listings, etc. every day.

How long did it take you to build Redneck and Single? What were some of the steps in that process?

I didn’t build it, so I can’t adequately answer that question, but I am constantly trying to find new content and upgrades to add on so that the members have more to enjoy. So, that is a daily process.

What kind of things have you learned since the launch of your website that you wish you had knowledge of in advance?

I guess the main thing is that in marketing for search engine rankings, you have to do it slowly. If you do too much to fast, they will slap you and lower you in the rankings because you are perceived as spamming. I’ve been slapped a couple times. So now, I just try to be consistent in doing some things every day. Most things I did know about before, but may not have known all of the intricacies, so educating myself more deeply is a constant need.

What you recommend someone should consider before starting a dating website of any kind?

Don’t try to appeal to a general market (unless you have a huge advertising budget). Find a niche and market to it. And know that the competition is fierce for dating sites so don’t expect to see quick results.

0 comments:

Template by Abdul Munir